Can you etch glass with a fiber laser?
Fiber laser is a kind of laser using rare earth doped glass fiber as gain medium. Fiber laser can be developed on the basis of fiber amplifier. Under the action of pump light, high power density is easily formed in the fiber, which results in "particle number inversion" of laser energy level, When the positive feedback loop is added properly, the laser oscillation output can be formed.
Fiber laser has a wide range of applications, including laser fiber communication, laser space remote communication, industrial shipbuilding, automobile manufacturing, laser engraving, laser marking, laser cutting, printing roller, metal and nonmetal drilling / cutting / welding (brazing, quenching, cladding and deep welding), military and national defense security, medical equipment, large-scale infrastructure, etc.
|Ceramic tile laser engraving machine|
2. Advantages of fiber laser
As the representative of the third generation laser technology, fiber laser has the following advantages:
(1) Glass fiber has the advantages of miniaturization and intensification due to its low manufacturing cost, mature technology and optical fiber flexibility;
(2) Glass fiber does not need strict phase matching as crystal for incident pump light, which is due to the wide absorption band caused by non-uniform broadening caused by Stark splitting of glass matrix;
(3) Glass material has very low volume area ratio, fast heat dissipation and low loss, so it has high up conversion efficiency and low laser threshold;
|Jade laser engraving machine|
(4) The output laser has many wavelengths: This is because the energy levels of rare earth ions are very rich and there are many kinds of rare earth ions;
(5) Tunability: due to the wide energy level of rare earth ions and the wide fluorescence spectrum of glass fiber.
(6) Because there is no optical lens in the resonator of fiber laser, it has the advantages of no adjustment, no maintenance and high stability, which is unmatched by traditional laser.
(7) Fiber export makes the laser easily competent for various multi-dimensional arbitrary space processing applications, and makes the design of mechanical system very simple.
|Laser engraving machine for woodworking|
(8) Competent for harsh working environment, with high tolerance of dust, vibration, impact, humidity and temperature.
(9) No thermoelectric refrigeration and water cooling, only simple air cooling.
(10) High electro-optic efficiency: the comprehensive electro-optic efficiency is as high as 20%, greatly saving power consumption and operating cost.
(11) At present, the commercial fiber laser with high power is 6kW.