How deep can a laser cutter engrave?
This has something to do with the power size of the laser tube, and80w has no problem cutting 2 cm octal force. 110 can be cut to 3 cm. Don't know what you mainly do? According to your product selection with how much power, how much processing surface. The market opened, Cantonese Ming, easy and good, are domestic.
Laser cutting is the use of focused high-power density laser beam irradiation workpiece, so that the exposed material quickly melt, vaporize, ablation or reach the point of ignition, while the high-speed air flow with the beam with the same axis to blow out the molten material, so as to achieve the cutting of the workpiece. Laser cutting is one of the methods of thermal cutting.
Laser cutting can be divided into laser vaporization cutting, laser melting cutting, laser oxygen cutting and laser slicing and control fracture four categories.
|Laser engraving machine price|
- Laser vaporization cutting, the use of high energy density laser beam heating workpieces, so that the temperature rises rapidly, in a very short period of time to reach the boiling point of the material, the material began to vaporize, forming vapor. These vapors are spewed out at a high rate, and while the vapor is ejected, incisions are formed on the material. The vaporization heat of the material is generally very large, so the laser vaporization cutting requires a lot of power and power density.Laser vaporization is mostly used for cutting extremely thin metal and non-metallic materials such as paper, cloth, wood, plastics and rubbers.
- Laser melting cutting, laser melting cutting, with laser heating to melt the metal material, and then through the beam coaxial nozzle blowing non-oxidizing gases(Ar,He,N,etc.), relying on the strong pressure of the gas to make the liquid metal discharge, forming an incision. Laser melting cutting does not require complete vaporization of the metal, requiring only 1/10of the energy required for vaporization cutting. Laser melting cutting is mainly used for cutting materials or active metals such as stainless steel, titanium, aluminum and their alloys.
Micro laser engraving machine DIY
- Laser oxygen cutting, laser oxygen cutting principle is similar to oxyacetylene cutting. It uses laser as a preheating heat source and an active gas such as oxygen as a cutting gas. On the one hand
- , the gas blowing out acts with the cutting metal, the oxidation reaction occurs, releasing a large amount of oxidation heat, on the other hand, the molten oxides and melts are blown out of the reaction area, forming an incision in the metal. Because the oxidation reaction during cutting produces a lot of heat, the energy required for laser oxygen cutting is only1/2of the melting cutting, and the cutting speed is much greater than laser vaporization cutting and melting cutting. Laser oxygen cutting is mainly used in carbon steel, titanium steel and heat treatment steel and other oxidizing metal materials.
- Laser slicing and control breakage. Laser slicing is the use of high energy density laser scanning on the surface of brittle materials, so that the material is heated evaporation out of a small groove, and then apply a certain amount of pressure, brittle material will crack along the small groove. Lasers for laser slicing are typicallyQ switch lasers and CO2 lasers. Control fracture is the use of laser grooves generated by the steep temperature distribution, in the brittle material to produce local thermal stress, so that the material along the small groove disconnect.
Compared with other thermal cutting methods, laser cutting is characterized by fast cutting speed and high quality. This is summarized in the following areas:
- Good cutting quality, because of the laser spot small, high energy density, cutting speed, so laser cutting can obtain better cutting quality.
- High cutting efficiency due to the transmission characteristics oflasers, laser cutting machines are generally equipped with multiple CNC workbench, the entire cutting process can be fully achieved numerical control. When operating, simply change the CNC procedure, you can apply the cutting of different shapes of parts, both two-dimensional cutting, but also 3D cutting.
- Fastcutting speed, the material does not need to be fixed when laser cutting, not only can save tooling fixtures, but also save the auxiliary time of upper and lower materials.
- Non-contact cutting, laser cutting torch and workpiece no contact, no tool wear. Parts of different shapes are machined without the need to replacethe "tool"and simply change the output parameters of the laser. Laser cutting process noise is low, vibration is small, no pollution.
- There aremany kinds of cutting materials, compared with oxyacetylene cutting andplasma cutting, laser cutting materials, including metals, non-metallic, metal-based and non-metallic-based composites, leather, wood and fiber. However, for different materials, due to their own thermophysical properties and the absorption rate of lasers are different, showing different laser cutting adaptability.